Last man standing - DS2 Dragon Ogre

This blog was said to be about miniatures, wasn`t it?

Some miniatures of my Evilhammer Realms of Chaos army.

At the end of elementary school I had my first contacts with plastic kits from revell, mostly little planes and some ships. As I started roleplaying I discovered Metal magic and Ral Partha models and painted them with the Revell paints. I literally had absolutely no clue how to do it and it was awful. You can see ist here:


With the first warhammer battles I had a handful of Skaven to use beside my cardboard counters 😀.

These are no more in my possession, I had sold them long ago. I kept only 1 model which I played as a Chaos ally in my Skaven army: A wonderful Dragon Ogre, which was a great model and also overpowered ruleswise! I couldn`t sell it since 1990 and it is the only model (aka "last man standing") I kept from my first phase of tabletop wargaming.


This model was released by Citadel Miniatures in 1987, sculpted by Nick Bibby. I wish I had more Nick Bibby models, they have a real individual look. This is remarkably true for this special Dragon Ogre. Especially the upper body is a lot different to the later models GW produced of this monster species.

Originally I painted him with blue skin and the paint job was ok in relation to my other painted models of the 90ies. Despite of this I stripped and repainted him a few years ago because he should be part of my Realms of Chaos army which is mainly Nurgle themed.


I hope you like him as well.




Kommentare